Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Enjoy the city that never sleeps

What pops up in your mind when you think about New York? To me it was crazyness, crowd, big buildings, weird Americans, hurry hurry hurry, coffee to go on sneakers. During my visit to The Big Apple around Easter I recognized all these things. But also more than that, much more. It really is the city that never sleeps (Apple store offers 24/7 service). To show you what I mean, I've added some of my pictures. 

Let's start with the American prototype: big sunglasses, phone, dog (piece of accessorize. Could have been a handbag as well)


 American are always busy and in a hurry. Getting from A to B while they are on the phone, doing some work, making appointments.


And then there are the big buildings. You feel so small when you're walking around. You don't only feel small, in fact, you are extremely small. The massiveness of the buildings is so impressive. Every other corner again gives you a different view.


 Oh wauw, and then there is Elmo! A puppet on the streets, just like that on a Monday morning? And what's the conversation about with the police guy? It seems quite serious. Or not? This only happens in New York.


Of course the flags. Americans are so proud at their Stars & Stripes. Where The Dutch only show the flag in special occasions, here you see them everywhere. 


What you also will probably recognize is the steam on the streets. Where it is coming from (yeah from below, under the ground) and why it is there, I don't know. We don't have it here in Amsterdam. But I must say, it gives a beautiful image



Besides all these funny and remarkable, typically American/NY things, I fell in love with the city. This city is the best model you can find in the world!





My new front porch (hopefully) - Upper East, tulips - I would not mind living here


Last but definitely not least, the parks. They are so beautiful and green. And although you are not alone, the atmosphere is extremely relaxed.




1 comment:

  1. Great articles, great photos!

    Two points, the steam is coming from the sewer system in particular its the metro-system.

    My new front porch (hopefully) - Upper East, tulips - I would mind living here... - I see a contradiction in your sentence here ;-)

    Looking forward to your upcoming articles!

    ReplyDelete